It’s not surprising that shipping containers are as durable and weather-resistant as they are since they were initially designed to transport heavy cargo over the oceans and are usually subject to extreme weather and wind conditions. For this reason, designers are incredibly durable, secure, and quite weatherproof. The same design, which allows them to withstand all kinds of inclement ocean weather, also will enable them to endure whatever adverse weather may be present where you live.
It means a lot to rely on a storage container with these capabilities because you’ll generally have valuable assets stored inside, and you won’t want these damaged. Since these shipping containers come in various sizes, you can keep practically anything, whether it’s for residential or commercial use.
Many stores and businesses are obliged to store office goods, retail items, and equipment for normal business conduct. Shipping containers can be just as valuable for other uses, offering a great place to stow away lawn and garden equipment, unused furniture, and practically anything else associated with storage needs.
Here are five of the best reasons that shipping containers are ideal for onsite storage:
- Waterproof – Shipping containers are constructed to protect all goods stored inside against whatever weather conditions might be in effect. If you need a sturdy structure that will stand up to the elements and last for years on your premises, you couldn’t find a better choice than a 20-foot shipping container.
- Secure – Since shipping containers are so durable, they are highly secure against break-ins or breakdowns. They are generally constructed of heavy-duty 16 gauge steel, which means it’s virtually impossible to break in and steal anything. If you have a solid lock installed on your shipping container, you can count on the fact that no one will be breaking in to steal your valuables.
- Durability – All shipping containers are built to last a very long time. On average, containers have a lifespan of 40 to 50 years, and once that time has expired, they will still have a 75% salvage value. There are very few kinds of containers that have this level of permanence, and they can last even longer if maintained well. All you have to do is inspect the paint, look for rust, and check your seals, and your shipping container should be good to go.
- Portability – A benefit of owning your own container is their portability. While you may not ever need to move your storage container from one site to another, if the need does arise, it’s comforting to know that they can be easily moved. Any shipping containers you have delivered to your home or business will be transported to you to demonstrate their portability. If you have several locations that you need to take your container to for storage purposes, it will be a simple matter to transport them to any of those locations.
- Different sizes available – One of the great things about shipping containers is that they come in different sizes, offering quite a bit of flexibility for your needs. They can also be customized so that you have extra doors on your units, they can have interior lights installed, and they can even be converted into refrigerated units. Shipping containers are available in 10 ft, 20 ft, and 40 ft sizes, and the two smaller sizes will easily fit into most backyards and driveways, being capable of storing the contents of an average two-bedroom household.
Contact us about shipping containers
If you need more storage for your business or residence, please contact us at Jake Containers. We service the entire tri-state area and can have the perfect shipping container delivered to your location promptly. You’ll never regret your decision to store your valuables in a sturdy, weatherproof conex shipping container.