Shipping containers have quickly become very popular for temporary storage on construction sites, serving many valuable functions. Although these containers are universally useful and used in education, manufacturing, agriculture, and healthcare, they have proven exceptionally versatile in construction. Continue reading below to find out what makes these structures so crucial on a typical construction site.
20 Foot Storage Containers
These are one of the most popular sizes of shipping containers because of their versatility. They can easily be adapted for use in many different ways and will provide excellent value for whatever function they’re meant to serve. Each of these 20-foot storage containers has 1,360 feet of cubic capacity, making it large enough to contain all kinds of stored goods like bags of concrete or sand, wood planks, construction tools, nails, and screws. Having an empty weight of 4,900 lbs., they are heavy enough to withstand weather but light enough to be highly portable. 20 foot conex boxes also fit in smaller areas, like a parking spot, making them a convenient choice for busy areas.
40 Foot Storage Containers
Many construction sites use 40-foot shipping containers to store larger equipment to be used during the project. Some of the most extensive construction equipment can be maintained in one of these containers, as well as large planks of lumber. Each of these containers has 2,720 cubic feet of capacity and an empty weight of 8,400 lbs., still making them very portable.
Benefits of shipping containers
There are quite a few benefits to using both 20-foot storage containers and 40-foot storage containers on a construction site. They provide a virtually indestructible and weather-resistant shelter for the many materials needed on site, as well as a temporary shelter for personnel. Here are some of the most common benefits that construction personnel derive from these containers:
- Office space – rather than build a temporary shelter for office space, a shipping container can provide solid shelter for all the office workers needed on site. Depending on their intended usage, they can be customized to provide specific types of service.
- Break areas – when construction workers need a break, it’s much safer to spend some time in a shipping container serving as a break area, especially during inclement weather.
- Storage Facilities – Materials must be stored on a construction site for impending usage. All those materials must be kept safe from vandals and dry against the weather, and there is no more suitable storage vehicle in existence than a 20-foot shipping container or a 40-foot container
- Temporary Housing – sometimes, it becomes necessary for workers to remain on-site for the duration of a project. A suitable shipping container can be equipped with air conditioning, a toilet, and whatever else is needed for the essential comfort of workers.
- Durability/Weatherproof – there is nothing more durable than a shipping container, being virtually immune to all weather conditions and safety against penetration by criminal-minded individuals. It helps greatly when you don’t have to worry whether or not your storage facility can withstand rain, hail, and strong winds – shipping containers can handle them all with ease.
renting/buying shipping containers
If you’re looking to rent or buy a new or used conex shipping container, please contact us at Jake Containers. We are a privately owned company serving the New York/New Jersey area. We can provide personal attention to every customer, and our business is all about ensuring your business has the proper storage containers to manage all your different requirements. All our shipping containers are made of high-quality steel and are guaranteed to be weather resistant and highly durable.
why Jake Containers?
As a family owned organization and not a chain or franchise; we are able to provide personalized attention in every step of the process. From picking the right container for your needs, to understanding the delivery process, our Sales team is dedicated to giving you a fast and easy experience. Founded with the customer in mind, we provide attractive high-quality new and used storage containers for our customers in New Jersey and the Tri-State area.